- Reading a lot of books: Xenocide by Orson Scott Card; Sacred Influence by somebody (mind-blowing…everyone should read it, trust me it’s relevant); Psmith in the City by PG Wodehouse; Warranted Christian Belief by Plantinga; The Birth Order Book by Leman (also should be read by everyone); and three or four manga….
- Cooking a lot of stuff with sugar… and sadly, I’m no fan of sugar anymore! College cured me I guess…actually I blame my track-running fitness-enthusiast (still wonderful) roomie. Water water all around and not a drop to drink… It makes my mother antsy for me not to want all of the Christmas food! Just can’t help it!
- Playing a lot of cards… mainly Canasta!! And Skip-Bo and Phase 10 and maybe some Euchre. We’re a card-playing family.
- Speaking a lot of languages–often during the card-playing! Or Karte spielen… or jugando… Mi hermano y yo speak Spanish, and I speak German, and we all speak some strange version of English that mainly consists of Nacho Libre quotes… “I forgeeeve you….” It’s kind of awesome.
- My dog likes me best. But he needs a bath. This is pretty much an eternal condition–when he smells nice he’s a hermit. When he wants to sit on your lap all day he smells like he rolled in a dead thing and then played with a skunk. I may exaggerating. Just a little.
- Lists are awesome. Oh wait…